We have over 20 years experience & have successfully processed more than 50,000 business & family visas CONTACT US NOW FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION

EB-2 Classification: Advanced Degrees

The second preference category is available to members of professions who hold advanced degrees and to foreign nationals with exceptional ability. Those seeking a National Interest Waiver also fall under this classification.

To Qualify as an Individual of Exceptional Ability you Must Meet at Least 3 of the Following Criteria
  • Official academic record showing that you have a degree, diploma, certificate, or similar award from a college, university, school, or other institution of learning relating to your area of exceptional ability
  • Letters documenting at least 10 years of full-time experience in your occupation
  • A license to practice your profession, or a certification for your profession or occupation
  • Evidence that you have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services that demonstrates your exceptional ability
  • Membership in a professional association(s)
  • Recognition for your achievements and significant contributions to your industry or field by your peers, government entities, professional or business organizations

Note: Other comparable evidence of eligibility is also acceptable.
To qualify as an Advanced Degree-holder you must provide the appropriate documentation. The job must require an Advanced Degree, and you must hold the relevant US degree or its foreign equivalent (or a US or foreign Baccalaureate Degree and at least 5 years post-baccalaureate progressive experience in the specialty field).

EB-2 Family

The spouse and children under the age of 18 of EB-2 holders are considered derivative beneficiaries. During the process where you and your spouse are applying for permanent resident status (status as a green card holder), your spouse is eligible to file for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) in order to work in the US.