The EB-4 visa category is reserved for individuals in specific special occupations. Each year, 7.1 percent of immigrant visas are allocated to this category.
Professions that are eligible include:
- Religious Ministers and Workers
- Iraqi/Afghan Translators
- Iraqis Who Have Assisted the United States
- International Organization Employees
- Armed Forces Members
- Panama Canal Zone Employees
- Retired NATO-6 employees
- Spouses and Children of Deceased NATO-6 employees
EB-4 Application Procedures:
The application process for EB-4 workers differs from other employment-based applicants. Your employer must file a Form I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant on your behalf, although there are specific circumstances that allow you to self-petition.
Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are able to be admitted to the United States as dependents in derivative status.