EB-4 Classification: Special Occupations
The fourth preference category is designed for members of specific special occupations. Each year 7.1 percent of immigrant visas are allotted to this category. The following professions are eligible:
- Religious Ministers and Workers
- Iraqi/Afghan Translators
- Iraqis Who Have Assisted the United States
- International Organization Employees
- Armed Forces Members
- Panama Canal Zone Employees
- Retired NATO-6 employees
- Spouses and Children of Deceased NATO-6 employees
EB-4 Application Procedures
The filing procedures for EB-4 workers are different from those of other employment-based applicants. Your employer should file a Form I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant on your behalf, though there are certain situations in which you may self-petition.
Your spouse and your unmarried children under the age of 21 may be admitted to the United States as dependents in derivative status.