P visas are required for athletes, artists, and entertainers entering the United States. The P-1 classification encompasses both individual or team athletes and group entertainers, further divided into P-1a and P-1b categories:

P-1A: This category is for individuals who are temporarily coming to the U.S. to participate in an athletic competition, either individually or as part of a group or team.

P-1B: This category is for individuals who are temporarily coming to the U.S. to perform as a member of an entertainment group.

In both P-1 categories, the individual or group must be internationally recognized for their exceptional level of achievement. There is a one-year limitation applied to both categories. Additionally, for an entertainment group, there must be a sustained and substantial relationship with the group for at least one year.

P-2: Individual/Group Artist/Entertainer under Reciprocal Exchange Program

A P-2 visa is available to highly qualified or well-known artists or performers who are temporarily traveling to the country to perform as part of an exchange program between two organizations in the US and another country. Only in cases when the visiting artist's talents are comparable to those of the American artist who is also participating in the program abroad will the P-2 visa be granted.

P-3: Artists or Entertainers in Culturally Unique Program

The P-3 classification is designated for individuals or groups who are visiting the United States on a temporary basis to engage in teaching, coaching, or artistic performances. These individuals or groups are focused on the development, interpretation, or representation of a distinct and culturally significant presentation. This may encompass various forms of artistic expression, such as folk, ethnic, musical, or theatrical performances, that contribute to the advancement and appreciation of a specific art form.

P-4: Spouse or child of P-1, P-2 or P-3

Contact Us Today

We serve clients throughout the United States including New York and New Jersey and in the following localities: New York City; Albany County including Albany; Dutchess County including Poughkeepsie; Erie County including Buffalo; Monroe County including Rochester; Nassau County including Mineola; Onondaga County including Syracuse; Orange County including Goshen; Putnam County including Carmel; Rockland County including New City; Suffolk County including Riverhead; Ulster County including Kingston; Westchester County including White Plains; Bergen County including Hackensack; Essex County including Newark; Hudson County including Jersey City; Middlesex County including New Brunswick; and Union County including Elizabeth. Attorney Advertising.