We have over 20 years experience & have successfully processed more than 50,000 business & family visas CONTACT US NOW FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION

Visitor Visas

There are two types of visitor visas that are issued via the USCIS to those individuals who are looking to visit the U.S. These are the B1 and B2 visas. Depending on the reason for your trip to the U.S., you will have to apply for either one. The B1 Visa is issued to those peoples who are visiting the U.S. for Business. The B2 is issued to those individuals who are looking to visit the US for leisure and/or medical reasons. For further help with interview needs and document preparation, please contact our office.

B Visas: U. S. Visitor Visas

The B (Visitors) Visa category is designed for foreign citizens who wish to visit the U.S. temporarily either for business or for pleasure / medical aide as tourists. The two categories of B Visa are B-1 and B-2.

B-1 Visas are for foreign citizens who visit the U.S. for business purposes. These reasons could include: consulting with business associates, attending conferences, or negotiating a contract.

The B-2 Visa is for those visiting the U.S. for pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment. This includes visiting family members, sightseeing, activities of a social or service nature, and performing in athletic or musical events with no remuneration. If you are accompanying a family member who is receiving medical treatment, you will also need a B visa.

You may also travel to the U.S. for both business and pleasure in which event you will be issued a B1/B2 visa.

*Please note that if you are traveling to the U.S. to study or work in any capacity as a journalist, crew member, etc. you will need a different, appropriate visa. If you plan on taking more than 18 hours of class a week, even if they are not counting toward a degree you must obtain a student visa. In addition, if you are attending a lecture, conference, or classes which will count toward a degree, you will need a student visa.

In order to extend your stay in the U.S., B Visa holders must submit a Form I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status to the USCIS.