Dear Clients and Colleagues,
We hope this newsletter finds you well. In this week's edition, we bring you important updates and information from the legal world, including developments in immigration, AI regulations, and more.
White House Issues Executive Order on AI
President Biden has issued an Executive Order focusing on the safe, secure, and trustworthy development and use of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Federal agencies are tasked with exploring new ways to attract and retain foreign workers in the AI field. This order emphasizes the importance of AI in our rapidly evolving world.
Diversity Visa Application Deadline
The deadline for Fiscal year 2025 diversity visa lottery applicants is approaching fast. Ensure you register online at the State Department's official lottery website by noon EST on November 7th.
Migration of Visa Appointment Scheduling Platforms
Several posts worldwide have migrated to a new scheduling platform, US Visa Scheduling, causing some issues. We provide solutions to common problems related to this migration, especially concerning Mission India. Please note that some solutions may apply to other consulates as well.
- Login Credentials: If your old login credentials from US Travel docs don't work, recreate your profile/account on the new system.
- Appointment Dates and Fee Payments: If your appointment and fee records weren't migrated, contact [email protected] for assistance.
- Payment Receipts: Don't pay the fee again if you encounter an error. Email [email protected] with your concerns.
- Petition Request Number: The new system asks for a “Petition Request Number” in addition to a “Petition Receipt Number,” but this is being addressed.
- Petition Start and Expiration Times: Enter 12:01 a.m. for start time and 11:59 p.m. for expiration time.
- Passport Delivery: Some applicants may not have been notified about visa issuance and passport collection during the transition. Follow guidance on tracking passports at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/step-6.
Form I-9 Reminder
Starting November 1, 2023, all employers must use the revised Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, with the edition date 08/01/23 for employment eligibility verification processes.
USCIS EB-5 Regional Center Program Reform Guidance
USCIS has issued updated policy guidance related to regional center designation and responsibilities in the EB-5 program. Additional clarifications are expected in the future.
We hope you find this information valuable. If you have any questions or require legal assistance related to any of these updates, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.
Keshab Raj Seadie, Esq.
Law Offices of Keshab Raj Seadie, P.C.
Disclaimer: This newsletter is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Always consult an attorney for personalized advice.